CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Out With a Bang

Even though I had to work a few days the week before school started, I wanted the kids to have a fun last week of summer together. Mel even took Friday off to play with us, and we had so much fun. We tried to do the things on our summer list that we hadn't done, plus one surprise.

DINOSAUR MUSEUM
Once we got Thys pulled out of the car and convinced that the dinosaurs were NOT going to chase him (thank you Night at the Museum), we had a lot of fun. We only lost Sophie once, and after a few minutes of panic, Anna found her. That's what I get for letting her out of the stroller to have a little fun.
Sophie just before the escape. She is playing in the sand and water area.
Thys and Anna on the dino

Digging for fossils. Soph was only in the sand long enough to take a picture. She hated it. She didn't want her feet to touch.
I wish I dared put up the shot from the other direction because you get a view of a pretty full moon, but these days. . . yeah, I just don't dare post that on the internet for the whole world.

SWEET'S CANDY FACTORY

We have been to the factory once before, but Anna wanted to go again. I thought we would go on Friday with Pops, but come to find out, no tours on Friday. So in between work and ballet in a raging rain storm, we made our way out to the factory. I was a little nervous about keeping three hair nets on and keeping everyone in the yellow lines, but we did it. And don't we look lovely in our hair nets?

INCREDIBLE PIZZA

The surprise for the week was going to Incredible Pizza. We went on Friday with Papa. It is this new joint that opened right behind the cool new water park Cowabunga Bay. We didn't know exactly what we were getting ourselves into, but we took our good-deal coupons and were very pleasantly surprised. We got there before noon, and didn't leave until about 3:30. There is so much to do. We rode bumper cars, ate at the all-you-can-eat buffet twice (once at the beginning and once at the end), played glow-in-the-dark mini golf, drove bumper cars and go karts, played laser tag, and went bowling. And played a few arcade games. This is a totally dream-come-true type of place for kids. I can't tell you how many times the kids have asked to go back. The good-deal coupon ends on Labor Day, so hurry up everyone!
Anna on the bumper cars
Soph driving her car in the toddler area
Ann in the go karts.
Pops and T in the go karts.

1 comments:

Cari Savage said...

Thank you for educating me on this great state of Utah! I just need to read your blog to learn where to go!