CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Grandpa Lyle Scott

My grandpa Lyle Scott died two weeks ago. The funeral was last weekend. He was 96 years old and had lived on his own up until the last few months. My grandma died almost exactly a year ago, and he has been lonely and, I think, ready to move on. Well, he had a hard time getting out of this world, but he finally was able to go be with Grandma. He was a faithful, hard-working, and good man. We will miss him here, but he certainly led a good and long life. The funeral was in Menan, ID, and he was buried by Grandma in the Annis Cemetery. It was a beautiful service and so nice to hear things about my grandpa that I never knew. The kids had a lot of questions about living and dying, and we've had some interesting discussions over the last couple of weeks.
Annie by Grandpa and Grandma's headstone
My mom and her brother and sisters
Our family--gotta love that Idaho wind!
My family (minus Mel, Thys, and Sophie who had gone to the car to be safe from the oncoming rain).

3 comments:

Cari Savage said...

I am so sad to hear about your Grandpa Scott. I remember your grandparents coming to visit and I would always think how cute and little they were! I love the picture of your mom with her siblings. It is fun to see them together and how they have changed. I loved your family picture and I felt sad that Les and Gary weren't there! I am happy for your grandparents to be together again!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Amen, sister. Miss him and love him so much!!

Melissa said...

I love all of these posts. If it weren't for the crying, I could read them all day long.