Day 2
We went to Lagoon, and I didn't want to carry my camera around all day, but then my battery was dying anyway. I wish I would have had it because the kids had the time of their lives. I was actually dreading the day, even though we left Sophie at Becky's. It was actually a lot of fun. We went with one of my sisters and the big-kid cousins, who were very nice to have around for extra "responsible" riders. I didn't know I had a six-year-old daredevil. Lucky for her, she was just barely 50 inches, and could ride lots of big, scary rides like the Samurai, Colossus, the big white Roller Coaster, and on and on. She didn't miss anything she was tall enough to ride. Fortunately for us, she always needed a partner, so the old folks got to ride all those things as well. I don't handle it quite as well as I used to, and I wore a skirt of all crazy things. I think half the park saw what was underneath as I spun side to side and upside down all day. Surprisingly, Thys was much the same, except he wasn't quite tall enough for the big roller coasters, which upset him greatly. He rode everything he could, and if you could have seen his little face, you would have know he was having a great day!
Day 3 and 4
On Wednesday we took it easy and went to Toy Story 3. It was cute and the kids loved it. We enjoyed a lot of popcorn and soda at 10:30 in the morning.
Thursday Mel and I had the morning to ourselves, then we picked the kids up at Becky's and went up to the Aerospace Museum at Hill Air Force Base. I don't know what I expected, but it was quite impressive. Worth a drive for any of you locals! Thys loved it, and Anna tolerated it. Mel and I thought it was great.Thurday night Pops and the kids went camping in the backyard. Well, actually, after about 10 minutes, Pops and Anna went camping in the backyard. Thys opted for the comfort of his bed and the house.
Day 5
Friday we went to Cowabunga Bay. We have passed this waterpark for months. Thys has been obsessed with it. Everytime we are on the freeway, he watches for it. I wasn't sure the kids were big enough, but after Lagoon, I had no more doubts. Anna went on every slide, and Thys on all but the tubes. The lazy river was nice and warm, and we had so much fun!Day 6
Mel took the kids and went out to the copper mine Saturday morning to see the big trucks. The kids always have a good time with Pops, and of course they did this time. Soph and I stayed home to clean up, nap, and do some grocery shopping. The only drawback to a staycation, I've decided, is that you are still at home and have the cooking and the mess that accumulates from being on the go every day. But we had a great week, and we're sad Pops is going back to work!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
THE STAYCATION
Posted by Stacey and Mel at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like you've been having a fun summer. Loved the Staycation posts.
Fun to see the kids and what you've been up to!
Wow! Busy Busy:) Sounds like so much fun, you would never know that good old Utah had all those fun things!!
Looks like a lot of fun!
fun! i remember colossus and the big white roller coaster from my youth. terrifying. the water park/lazy river is more my style!
YAY! So glad to see the rest of the staycation. Truth be told, you reassure me that life will still be fun when we aren't choosing between France and Belgium.
p.s. When are you coming to visit?
Post a Comment