Anna has been wanting to try skiing, so I decided with the long weekend maybe we could give it a shot. I'm not in shape enough or rich enough to start the downhill experience with a five-year-old, so we started with a little cross-country--or Nordic, as the experts call it. Even Thys wanted to give it a try, so we rented skis on Friday afternoon, and while Thys and Sophie were napping, Anna and I ventured to the backyard to practice. I have to say, for a first-timer, she picked it up fairly quickly. By the end of the afternoon, she was skiing back and forth in the backyard. So Saturday we headed up the canyon to Mountain Dell Golf Course. It was a little too hilly, but Anna gave it her best shot. Thys, on the other hand, preferred the safety of the carpet, and opted to spend his afternoon with dad drinking soda in the van while Annie and I toured (if you could call it that) around. It gave me just enough of a taste to remember why I love it. I ready to go sans kids!




Monday, January 18, 2010
The First Try at Skiing
Posted by Stacey and Mel at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wat is Anna al een echte skieer zeg! Geweldig dat ook Thys het heeft geprobeerd.Jullie staan er leuk op hoor! Stacey ziet er goed uit voor een moeder van 3 kindertjes zeg.Heerlijk dat jullie zo kunnen genieten.
Post a Comment