CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Mr. T is Two


Thys turned two yesterday. This little boy is a delight! He is so sweet and happy all the time. He makes us laugh everyday, and he is good-natured and kind. He loves to swing, play with trains and blocks, be with Anna and Papa, go to the farm, look at books, clean up, take a shower or bath, sit on the kitchen counter, and sleep. He is a nut, and we are so blessed to have him in our family! We love you, Thysie!

Reading the new book and uncovering the new train set
We had a Thomas birthday, and I attempted the Thomas cake. As you can see, it wasn't exactly a replica, but I asked Thys what it was, and he said Thomas, so I guess it worked for him. I've been pretty lucky with birthday cakes until now, but I think this one was a bit over my head. By the time we actually served it, the frosting had run and the face and been rearranged by little fingers, so it looked more like Thomas gone Halloween, but hey, it's just a cake, right?
Thsyie got a Thomas book and train for his birthday, in addition to a GeoTrax train that is remote control operated. He is sitting on the kitchen counter helping Papa make poennekaka (pannekoeken, for those of you who speak Dutch), which he put a candle in and blew out after he sang happy birthday.

We had a family birthday party with all the cousins, and it was wild! Thys is a little shy sometimes, and I think the crowd overwhelmed him just a bit, so he sat on the counter with grandma and enjoyed the treats!

5 comments:

Linde said...

Fun posts to read. Looks like a lot of fun!!

You have been busy with family life--when do you have time for school? How are you feeling? When is your exact due date.

margaret said...

Thys is sooo cute you guys! YOu both have two really good looking children!

The Gatherum Clan! said...

Way to go on that cake!!! Wow! You've got to be proud of yourself! I don't really try to make our anymore because the kids love to look at the cakes at Costco and Sams and LOVE to chose one of those! Pretty much the lazy way out! :)

JaNae said...

that was such a fun party, I know my kids love going to your house. Thys is so super cute. And the cake was great, and the cookies were yummmmmmmm, your cookies are always the best.

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Happy Birthday Thys!!