The title is deceptive--a little pun, if you will. What I mean by the title is that this post will reflect the state of our summer: sort of chaotic and disorganized, but fun nevertheless. My posts are not nearly as frequent or as organized as they have been in the past, but that's sort of how life is right now. I asked Anna the other day if she had had a fun summer, and the question was a bit too much for her. I had to remind her of all the "fun" things we have done. I really did try to let the kids do fun things while I wasn't working, and we did. I just hope they enjoyed it all! I go back to work on Monday, so we're back in the routine. I'm dreading it. I've had so much fun being home. Hope you enjoy!
I came down the other morning, and Thys was helping himself to breakfast. Here is his way of eating a kiwi--boogers and all.
While Les and Jake were here in the travels of getting the baby, we went to the dinosaur museum. The kids had fun, but Thys would not play in the sand. He just wanted to throw the dinosaurs into the water. Then I had to fetch them out and give them back so he could throw them again.
We went on a picnic up the canyon to find cooler air. We did, thank goodness. It is beautiful up there, and we did a little "hike," and Thys was so great! He loved it!
Sandy City has a balloon festival just recently. Last year we went early to see the balloons launch, and it was too windy. Same story this year. At night they light them all up and just leave them on the ground to look at, but this year it got rained out. However, we did haul ourselves out of bed and go in our pajamas to see the launch. Thysie kept saying, "Look, Mama!" at dogs, balloons, and whatever else was exciting. The best part was that I told Annie we would just go in our pajama's, and she got this worried look on her face and said, "Mom, but then everyone would see you naked in your whites." I had to laugh, and I did wear clothes!

We went to the Sweet' s Candy Factory on a tour the other day with the cousins. It was very interesting to me, but I think the candy store at the end was more interesting to the kids. Contrary to what you would think in the pic, Thys screamed when we tried to get him to wear the hair net. They wouldn't let him in with out it, so I bribed him with salt water taffy all the way through to distract him from taking off his hat. It worked. There is nothing that makes this kid happy like sugar!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Reflections of Summer
Posted by Stacey and Mel at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are such a great mom I love finding out every day at swim lessons what you did that day. I always think my poor children need Stacey as their mom so they can have fun! thanks for being a inspiration:}
Cute pictures - in every one of Thys he has a big "Mel" smile on his face - they (Mel and Thys) couldn't be more alike!
Oh the pains of summer ending and school (teaching) beginning. Loved looking at pictures of all your adventures. Very fun times!
Bryn made her own blog - she did it all by herself - set up her account, picked a template, uploaded pictures and wrote her own posts. Her blog address is wwwbrynsblog.blogspot.com (notice there is NO . after www). She would love some comments . . .
Post a Comment