CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Stuff

I don't know where the summer is going (oh, wait--strep four times (me 2x, Mel, Anna), company, house cleaning, three vampire books, swimming lessons, pudding and pirate parties at Becky's). Here are just some of the random shots from the last month. I've haven't posted for a while--I usually opt for sleep or reading these days. I'm almost done with the last vampire book, and I'm sure Great Expectations, which I have to reread before school begins, won't be quite the same draw.

Sunbathing at Grandma's with cousins
Our cool dude with his new shades!
This is one of the many reasons I love Mel. He is a great dad. He and Anna slept out in the tent the other night, and it was Mel's idea! He didn't think they would make it all night, but they did. Of course they had stocked up on treats and Anna had that darn plug!
We went to the inside parade today. All the floats from Days of '47 Parade are on exhibit at the Expo Center right behind our neighborhood. The air-conditioned Expo Center sure beats the hot pavement and three hours of misery! Anna's favorite was Noah's Ark.

Annie after her dance concert with her flowers.

4 comments:

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

I love the butterfly on Anna's face she looks so excited and proud she had it done!!So sad that Summer is almost over.

Hunsaker Family said...

Can you stand that school will be starting soon?! Amazing how fast time (summer) flies when one is have fun :) We too enjoyed the INDOOR parade. My girls think it's great and I'm not letting out the secret that an ourdoor parade exists. Happy rest of the summer- Tara

Jana said...

Love the blogs, and I would like to mention that you had strep twice because you didn't finish the medication the first time, duh.. and luckily we only have experienced strep once so far... Can't believe summer is almost over, we will have to plan a few things before it is over.

Stacey and Mel said...

Okay, I did finish my medication--or at least I would have because I took it for over 10 days. I just only took half the dose. (: Lesson: Read the instructions on your medications carefully!